A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
May 14th, 2020
Dear Families, Friends, and Loved Ones of Bellaire at Stone Port.
This week our Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia signed an Executive Order Sixty-One that provides a detailed framework for the first phase of the “Forward Virginia” plan to safely and gradually ease public health restrictions while containing the spread of COVID-19. (Full Guidelines- Safer At Home: Phase One)
I wanted to express what this means to Bellaire at Stone Port and our residents.
As we continue to follow guidance from the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we will also continue to hold the safety of our residents as high priority as well as maintaining the understanding that our seniors remain as the most vulnerable population. At this point, we must keep our restrictions and processes in place, which includes the “no visitation” rule. We understand completely you are missing your loved ones; however, we feel keeping these essential measures in place will continue to keep our residents safe with the hope one day soon to ease back into our normal life.
Protocol for our community is still in place and we will continue to practice these safety measures:
1. Social distancing and the use of masks
2. Screening process for all team members coming to work and the screenings for our residents
3. No communal dining
4. All residents are wearing a surgical/cloth mask while in public areas
5. Activities department is continuing one on one visits
We do recognize that family contact and involvement are essential during these times, and we will continue to do everything we can to keep our families and residents engaged.
In the meantime, “Patio Visits” are still open for residents and their loved ones if all parties wear a mask and maintain at least 6 feet distance. I understand the urge to reach out and hug your loved one is very real. My mother is a senior, and I so miss hugging her. However, everyone must follow the guidelines provided to allow the continuation of the patio visits. Please call 540-246-0888 to schedule your patio visit.
This past Sunday we had numerous patio visits that occurred which brought so much joy to the residents and families. We have noticed this has really helped lift the spirits of our beloved residents. We are thankful for the team members who are being so careful and our family members who support the restrictions we have put in place. A special thank you to all that have supported our community during this current time. Together we will see this through to the end.
If you have any questions at all, we are here for you. Please call us at 540-246-0888.
Beth Wells, Executive Director
Bellaire at Stone Port
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Stone” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- Bellaire at Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families 5-14-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones 4-21-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Update – admission hold 4-6-20 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update 4-3-2020(pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter – No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director – Limiting Visitors Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions