A COMMUNITY MESSAGE
October 28, 2020
Dear Team Members, Residents, and Families,
Bellaire at Stone Port remains focused on the welfare, safety, and health of our residents. We appreciate the efforts and support from everyone involved during this unprecedented time. We continue to follow guidance from the CDC as well as from our local health department, the Virginia Department of Health (VDH).
This letter is to alert you that we were notified that one of our team members has tested positive for COVID-19. This team member functioned in varying capacities here at Bellaire at Stone Port. This team member, in addition to all team members, was wearing masks and continues to wear masks during all resident interactions. We have been in communication with VDH and are following their recommendations.
We continue to screen residents and team members daily for any signs or symptoms of COVID-19. Currently, we do not have any residents with positive COVID-19 results. All the team members continue to follow the CDC’s recommendations to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-
We will continue to allow outside patio visits that will need to be scheduled with the concierge. We understand that connecting with family members is important. Other ways to connect include telephone, email, virtual meetings, Facebook and Facetime. Please let us know how we can assist you. For the most up-to-date information on this topic, please visit the CDC website at http://www.cdc.gov/covid19.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach us directly at 540-246-0888.
Beth Wells, LPN
During this time of uncertainty over coronavirus (COVID-19), the health and well-being of our residents, families, and team remain, as always, our top priority. By working together, staying patient, and implementing the best care practices possible, we can navigate this uncertain time together, as a community.
We are currently following all Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Virginia Department of Health guidelines relating to COVID-19. As preventive measures, we have put the following policies in place in our community.
Pursuant to our desire to keep our families and residents informed of any changes associated with our COVID-19 prevention efforts we have established an opt-in text number as an additional channel of communication for important updates. If you wish to receive updated information via text, please text the word “Stone” to 855-906-2913. Thank you in advance for supporting our protocols and assisting with keeping our residents, families and team members safe.
UPDATED VISITOR POLICY
We understand the importance of staying together as much as possible through these uncertain times. If you would like to schedule a video chat with your loved one, please call the main number, and our concierge will help you get this session booked. Thank you so much, and we hope all are staying healthy and well.
We thank you for your continued cooperation with our current visitation restrictions. Additionally, we understand you probably have questions around why the restrictions are in place. Below is a video link from Dr. David Gifford, Chief Medical Officer (AHCA/NCAL) that will help everyone understand the why behind our current restrictions. As always, we put our residents first and appreciate your cooperation.
· No visitors will be permitted until further notice.
· Limited exceptions may be made in extreme cases or end-of-life care situations. Express approval must be given; contact our mainline for further details.
· Healthcare providers (e.g., home health staff, visiting physicians, hospice staff, etc.) will be granted access to our community after passing an entry screening process.
· No vendors will be allowed in our community unless their visit is absolutely essential.
COMMUNITY AND RESIDENT LIFE
· Communal dining has been suspended. Meals will be delivered directly to the resident’s room.
· All group activities and special events have been canceled.
· Friends and family members are encouraged to call their loved ones often. We believe that frequent phone calls will boost our residents’ moods as they adjust to these changes.
· Team members are continuing to practice standard infection control procedures.
· Every team member will have their temperature checked daily before each shift. Anyone with a fever or cold-like symptoms will be sent home.
We know that this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in keeping our community safe. Should you have any concerns, please call our community directly.
As this situation progresses, we will continue to use this page for future updates. Stay tuned.
- Bellaire at Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families and Team – 10-28-2020 (pdf)
- Bellaire at Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families and Team – 10-23-2020 (pdf)
- Bellaire at Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families and Team – 10-22-2020 (pdf)
- Executive Director to Families and Team – 10-15-2020 (pdf)
- BSP Executive Director Letter to Families and Team – 10-7-2020 (pdf)
- Bellaire at Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families and Team – 10-02-2020 (pdf)
- BSP Executive Director Letter to Families and Team – 9-29-2020 (pdf)
- BSP Executive Director Letter to families and team 8-20-2020 (pdf)
- BSP Executive Director Letter to Families – PPS 08-13-2020 (pdf)
- BSP Executive Director – Letter to Family & Resident Communication 7-1-2020 (pdf)
- BSP Executive Director Letter to Families 6.23.2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter – Addressing General Public Reopening – 6-5-2020 (pdf)
- Bellaire at Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families 5-14-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter to Families and Loved Ones 4-21-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Update – admission hold 4-6-20 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter- Family and Residents update 4-3-2020(pdf)
- Resident Family Update w Exhibits – 3-15-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director Letter – No visitor Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-14-2020 (pdf)
- Stone Port Executive Director – Limiting Visitors Letter Resident Family Communication – 3-13-2020 (pdf)
- Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC): For current COVID-19 Updates – please click here.
- Virginia Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – Frequently Asked Questions